Payment of Year-End Claims (VERY IMPORTANT)
Each year in June the processing of claims is shut down for a couple of weeks in order for the State to perform year end wrap up and rollover into the new fiscal year. This June, the State of Wisconsin will also be going through a software conversion. The processing will cease earlier than in past years so please be aware of the following information when filing June claims for any federal or state program.
- The last date that DPI grant accountants will be allowed to process claims is June 10th. No claims may be processed in the current system after that date, and all payments will be processed in the new system starting in July.
- If processed by June 10th, you will receive payment by June 22nd.
- In order to guarantee receipt of payment by June 22nd, you must have your claim filed with DPI no later than June 1.
- Grant Accountants will continue to process claims up until June 10th, but cannot guarantee yours will be processed if received later than June 1.
- Please do not call requesting your claim be processed. All claims will be processed in the order they are received.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will do our best to make payments as timely as possible. If you have questions regarding this information please contact Alan Virnig at email@example.com or 608-266-2428.
The Federal & State Grant Program area of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) administers the financial management and accounting of federal and state grants to school districts, private schools, child and adult day care programs, 2R charter schools, cooperative educational service agencies (CESAs), county children with disabilities education boards (CCDEBs), and other service providers.
The team of accountants certifies all grants to sub-recipients, calculates and provides grant allocations, reviews and processes all claims, and monitors recipients for fiscal management of funds and accounting expenditures. The team also provides technical assistance on administration and compliance of federal and state grants to grant recipients and DPI program staff.
Links to other Federal and State Grant Program Pages:
Documents with Related Guidance:
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- WISEgrants grant management page [coming soon]