The Private School Choice Programs include the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (MPCP), the Racine Parental Choice Program (RPCP) and the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program or statewide program (WPCP). Schools participating in the program receive a state aid payment for each eligible student on behalf of the student’s parent or guardian.
Determination of which program a student is eligible for is based on where in Wisconsin a student resides. If a student resides in the City of Milwaukee, they are eligible to apply to the MPCP. If a student resides in the Racine Unified School District, they are eligible to apply to the RPCP. If a student resides outside of the City of Milwaukee and the Racine Unified school district, they are eligible to apply to the WPCP. Additionally, applicants may be required to meet income and age requirements. See the Frequently Asked Questions below for additional information on program requirements.
General Program Information
- WPCP Schools named for 2015-16 statewide choice program
- WPCP Application Data for the 2015-16 school year
- WPCP Application Data for the 2015-16 school year-prior year attendance
- WPCP Enrollment by school for 2014-15 (3rd Friday in September count)
- WPCP Schools named for 2014-15 statewide choice program
- WPCP Application Data for the 2014-15 school year
- WPCP Application Data for the 2014-15 school year-prior year attendance
List of Schools
FAQs, Income Limits, Important Dates
Testing and Assessment Information
For information about assessments/testing for choice students and schools, visit the Department of Public Instruction's Office of Student Assessment page for Choice Programs.
MPCP Disqualified Persons List
- MPCP disqualified persons -- updated 08/20/2015
Legislative Audit Bureau Reports
- August 2009 Test Score Data for Pupils in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (Report 2 of 5)
- September 2008 Test Score Data for Pupils in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program
- February 2000 An Evaluation, Milwaukee Parental Choice Program summary
- February 2000 An Evaluation, Milwaukee Parental Choice Program full text
- Legislative Fiscal Bureau Informational Paper